Is that all you got?

I am always interested to learn, particularly when it pertains to golf and the golf industry.  I look forward to receiving updates/newsletters related to golf.  One newsletter which holds particular interest for me is the NGF Dashboard.  I love their by-line: "Market Intelligence for Golf's Stakeholders", particularly since I feel I'm one of those holding a stake!

Obviously, I'm keen to know what the NGF thinks about the golf industry's present health and future potential.  We all are, right? 

When the NGF Dashboard newsletter arrived in my email a few days ago, I was hoping to harvest some particularly valuable pearls from NGF's recent article titled: "Will Baby Boomers Go Bust?" 

The article waffles back and forth: More boomers means more golfers - good!  Lack of confidence in being able to afford (time and money) to play golf - bad! What are we to make of this changing demographic, which the golf industry has been waiting so long to exploit - and help boost the industry?  The numbers are confusing.  So, the NGF ties it all up with a nice little bow, to help us understand what must happen in order to be successful and grow golf in the future.

The spellbinding summation of the article goes like this:  "In order for the industry to sustain success and enjoy future growth, it is vital for golf businesses to focus on increasing frequency of play by current golfers and getting new golfers to play the game.

Are you kidding me?  You guys are better than this.  I know you are.  Maybe your strong suit is delivering the statistics.  Based on that summation, it would be better if you let the "holder's of stake" draw their own conclusions.  You don't really need to provide a prediction or summation, particularly of this quality. 

Please accept it in the best possible sense.  There are many smart people in golf, who can draw their own conclusions, based on the facts provided.  Clearly the industry understands there is a need, and great benefit, engaging existing golfers and enlisting new golfers.  The problem is; nobody seems to possess the absolute answer on "how" to accomplish this.  I didn't have it before reading this article.  And, I feel any closer to an answer after reading the article.  The stats are interesting though...


No comments:











von HAGGE, SMELEK and BARIL

Houston, Texas 77070

281-376-8282